I am a rule breaker by nature. I feel the need to rebel. Here are ten things I have done in the last thirteen years that people frown upon in parenting communities.
1. I let my babies sleep on their stomachs in their cribs. Yes, I read all the information about putting baby’s on their back and about SIDS prevention. My thoughts on why I think its a bunch of hooey at another time.
2. I coslept with 3 of our 5 children. Right in the middle of the bed and with my breasts exposed so they could snack all night.
3. I let my toddlers go to sleep with a sippy cup, and not with water either. So far no rotten teeth.
4. The crib I used with three of my five children was 16 years old. And I put bumper pads in it – nice custom made thick ones.
5. I breastfed my babies for over a year. You would be amazed at how gross people view this.
6. I let videos babysit my child while I did the three Ss. Barney and The Wiggles may be annoying, but they can also be your best friends too.
7. I did selective and delayed vaccinations with all of my children. I have also taken my kids to chicken pox parties.
8. I’ve left my kids in the car to run into the post office or drop something off at the church.
9. My kids have been known to ride bikes, trikes, and scooters without safety gear.
10. I let my kids talk to strangers.
You know what else I do, I do bad things to my husband and I think you should go read about them over at BlogHer@Home! The contents of this post are not suitable for work or children. It is a sexually explicit post, so some of you who know me personally may think its way TMI. It’s another sexy giveaway you don’t want to miss.