Thirty-nine. On Wednesday, I will be thirty-nine years old and the countdown will be on towards 40. Unlike some women I am celebrating exactly where I am, embracing my age, and being grateful for the journey. The past year has been another year of growth, and while the last five months have been a complete roller coaster ride I am thankful for staying the course when I could have just given up, turned bitter and resentful. I like who I am becoming. I’m making better choices for my life and surrounding myself with good people who love me.
There are 20 Things on my Before 40 list. I’m ready to tackle them and in no certain order. Some are fun, some are challenging, and some may be painful.
- Watch baby turtles hatch. I’ve tried to catch this several times and missed out. This year I hope to finally see them hatch.
- Have a silly string fight with my family.
- Send a message in a bottle.
- Take a Zumba Class
- Take a Yoga Class
- Get a henna tattoo
- Get an actual tattoo
- Learn to crochet
- Buy and wear a red formal dress
- Take a road trip
- Tie dye a shirt
- Be part of a flash mob.
- Be a healthy weight
- Eat cleaner food
- Go zip lining
- See a Cirque del Soliel show.
- Dye my hair a funky color without warning anyone
- Write the damn book
- Do a 5K
- Take a community class.
The list is doable. I plan on posting as a complete each one as they happen.